"I am on a journey... With my work, my explorations, and a few sad stories. I travel with a suitcase full of outrageous blessings. I am on a quest for truth, beauty, and quiet joy. I am an artist, a writer, an explorer."

Sunday 7 August 2016

Something Incommunicable

I am constantly trying to communicate something incommunicable, to explain something inexplicable, to tell about something I only feel in my bones and which can only be experienced in those bones.
~ Franz Kafka

Ever feel this way? No matter what you do, no matter how much you talk or write about things, you always get the feeling that something has been left undone, something has been left unsaid; something you just cannot seem to be able to explain, but which weighs you down from time to time.  It's quite an unsettling feeling; you don't quite know what it is that you want to express but you definitely feel it there. It runs in your bones, it makes you feel frustrated; you keep seeking to find more ways to express that feeling, but nothing really does it. It drains you. Perhaps there is something you ought to be doing but have yet to figure out what it is; perhaps you need to look deeper inside. Who knows...  hopefully you'll find the remedy, hopefully you'll figure it out soon.

Be the blanket for my bones
Be the place that I call home

No comments:

Post a Comment